GLOBAL FAMILY 1ღ COLLABORATING and COCREATING a LOVING,PEACEFUL, JUST and SUSTAINABLE WORLD.

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall




by Michelle Starkey -

In the fairy tale Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, every day the Wicked Queen would ask "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?"

The mirror would answer "Oh My Queen it seems to me, there is none fairer in the land than thee!" As long as the mirror said that she was the most beautiful of all women, all was well in her world.

The dreaded day finally arrived when the mirror replied that a young beauty named Snow White, with skin as white as snow, lips as red as the red, red rose and hair as black as ebony had surpassed the Queen's beauty. We all know what kind of a frenzy she sent herself into. In her rage, she hired a hit man to do her in.

I didn't know my life was a reflection of me.

We all have both a wicked Queen and a beautiful princess living inside of us. The wicked one, of course, is our ego and naturally, the princess is our true self.

The same thing happens when the ego sees that the true self has power and wisdom greater that any it could ever imagine.

When the ego is no longer controlling our lives, we will see a miraculous change; although it will not be as violent or dramatic as the wicked Queen's demise through falling off a cliff into the abyss.

As we come to a greater acceptance of our lives and purpose here, we will come to see the true beauty that lies within.

What's Your Reflection?

The mirror is the world. When we look into the mirror we will see what we are. If we gaze into the mirror and we see a world full of evil, then that is because we still have some problems we need to work on.

When we see a world full of beauty, love and peace then we know that we are getting closer to where we need to be.

The world as a mirror — an interesting concept, but not widely accepted because accepting this means that all blame and fault-finding would have to cease.

It would have to cease because we would then know that everything we perceive originates within. We would not be seeing anger, hatred, prejudice and other forms of hostility if there was not something within us that allowed these problems to exist.

In a society where judges, lawyers and lawsuits are so prevalent, it is clear that we haven't been ready for this idea. Our tendency is to find the guilty party in each crime, when we fail to realize that we are all guilty on a certain level because we have allowed this to happen time and time again.

Children are very wonderful mirrors because they are very perceptive to our feelings. Often we find ourselves focusing on our children's faults or bad behavior when the problem is within us. Perhaps this is why most of us have difficulty raising children.

These advanced little souls come to show us our weaknesses, to point out our faults, and our ego does not like it! They bring out the worst in us! We never knew we could get so angry until we had children. We feel the need to be in control of them, after all, we are the boss and no little kid is going to tell us what to do. "Don't you talk to ME that way!" Who is speaking now, the voice of God? Of course not, the ego comes through loud and clear when it comes to parenting. Our children were meant to 'drive us crazy'. If not, how would we learn from them?

Turn The Reflection

Have you ever met anyone that is always having problems? They are always encountering hostile salespeople, rude waitresses, crazy drivers?

Did it ever cross your mind that maybe it's you? For a long time, I didn't know my life was a reflection of me. I just couldn't figure out what was going on!

Everywhere I went, people were rude, mean and nasty. I could not believe it! What was wrong, I wondered.

It took me a very long time to realize that they were just reflecting back what I felt inside but was unable to express. When I look to criticize or blame, I now know that I need to look inside and find out what it is that I am overlooking.

Later I noticed that when I felt wonderfully alive, peaceful and happy, everyone I encountered would smile at me and be very friendly and kind. The world was reflecting my positive feelings. What a nice change!


innerself.com



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

RECENT POSTS